Best Controller

Everything from Apple to Zerglings

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

The HVGN thinks the Hori is best controller ever but it has the button layout as the Gamecube. As I said before...
DeadWolf wrote:I like the Gamecube controller a lot until I went to use it on Contra 3 (This is why I got a Wii classic). Contra uses Y to shoot and B to jump. On the Gamecube controller it is almost impossible to enjoy that game because of the layout of the buttons.
Not quite perfection.
Last edited by DeadWolf on Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tsurayu
Spikey Tiger

Post by Tsurayu »

DeadWolf wrote:Trolling this site about is not cool.
Well, if that's not the pot calling the kettle black then I don't know what is. <.<

Oh well, I know the turning in the game exists that way. Speeding it up may help, but I still don't like it. turning with a combination of dual analog sticks is just easier. Besides I can have my opinion about the Wii all I choose. Just because there are a lot of people here who enjoy the Wii doens't mean I'm going to shut up about it to please the masses. I won't do that, and if someone doesn't like it then tough ****.

I'm beginning to think maybe I should have just stayed away from this site. -_-
Last edited by Tsurayu on Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lucemia
Fierce Head

Post by Lucemia »

It's getting stormy in here.
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

Tsurayu wrote:
DeadWolf wrote:Trolling this site about is not cool.
Well, if that's not the pot calling the kettle black then I don't know what is. <.<

Oh well, I know the turning in the game exists that way. Speeding it up may help, but I still don't like it. turning with a combination of dual analog sticks is just easier. Besides I can have my opinion about the Wii all I choose. Just because there are a lot of people here who enjoy the Wii doens't mean I'm going to shut up about it to please the masses. I won't do that, and if someone doesn't like it then tough ****.

I'm beginning to think maybe I should have just stayed away from this site. -_-
You missed my point completely.

You can have your own opinion just don't get all the threads locked by voicing it (Kassidy has enough work as it is). I think it's awesome that you hate the Wii and you bring up a lot of valid points... Just in the wrong threads. If you want to bash the Wii make an I hate Wii thread. I love debating consoles but there is a time and place for it and this thread isn't the place.
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

Topic yoink!

And what can I say, I agree with Deques on this: SNES Controller FTW.
Duran
Spikey Tiger

Post by Duran »

manaman wrote:Hmmm, how about THIS: the Turbo Touch 360. Wikipedia tells me it's rated the ninth worst controller in history by IGN. Whatever. I have one and it makes me cry every time I use it.

Peace,

manaman
Oh my gawd! I remember those controllers, they had one for NES, Genesis, and SNES and they were awful!
Faalstar
Site Admin

Post by Faalstar »

I've always had a case of big-hand syndrome, and albeit two particular buttons never made sense... my vote is for the original Xbox controller AND the Nintendo Gamecube controller.

I found both to be VERY ergonomic and VERY comfortable in my hands for my personal needs.
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Wow,

When did that Hori controller come out, by the way? The one with the GameCube style button layout? I've never seen that before. I wouldn't mind having one for novelty's sake. What system does it plug into? I'm assuming the GameCube/Wii. . . .

Peace,

manaman
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

I found it...

Gamecube style controller with SNES button layout.

Top that.
Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

manaman wrote:Wow,

When did that Hori controller come out, by the way? The one with the GameCube style button layout? I've never seen that before. I wouldn't mind having one for novelty's sake. What system does it plug into? I'm assuming the GameCube/Wii. . . .

Peace,

manaman
It came during the gamecube time period and was released for Gamecube. I have one such controller myself. Too bad I cant use it on PC. I need to find an adapter to plug it in
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

DeadWolf,

That controller is pretty sweet.

Peace,

manaman
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Faalstar Jr. wrote:I've always had a case of big-hand syndrome, and albeit two particular buttons never made sense... my vote is for the original Xbox controller AND the Nintendo Gamecube controller.

I found both to be VERY ergonomic and VERY comfortable in my hands for my personal needs.
I gotta agree with Faalstar. I don't have very big hands, but I just really like Gamecube and original X-Box controllers.

Gamecube especially fits awesome.

Besides that I'd go with SNES just because it's the controller I've spent about 80% of my gaming using.
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

I'm surprised so many people like the GameCube controller as I remember reading somewhere that Mr Myamoto at one point said it was a mistake of a controller! :D Seriously, though, I have found it to rest very comfortably in my hand. I'm just not sure about the layout of the four main face buttons.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

It might just be the games I play.

Since I use the control stick tilting up to jump in Smash Bros. I never have to touch the X and Y buttons.
In Mario Kart Double Dash you only need to mash X or Y to use an item which isn't so bad to do, especially since you probably won't need to be braking with B and can just rest your thumb up on A.
In Metroid Prime it's Missiles and Map, stuff that gets used enough but not too much. Though I usually use my index finger to jam the missiles if I need to.
In Zelda it's got your items so that's not used quickdraw style, so it's not to bad.

Honestly I've never played many Gamecube games that needed me to use X and Y extensively. I don't think the layout would be very good for it.

But doesn't effect me since I've obviously never played them. :D
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

They may not have even been made because the developers would have taken the button configuration into consideration. It seems to me that the buttons were designed with games like Zelda in mind. It does seem to work really well for it.