Hello, hello.

Introduce yourself here! Farewells and returns find their home here also. Post counts do not increase here, so feel free to prolong your warm welcomes!
Destiny
Steamed Crab

Hello, hello.

Post by Destiny »

Hey! It's time for my once-every-five-years check in. Is everyone doing well? I hope so. I still think of you all from time to time. :heart:
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Re: Hello, hello.

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Destiny? Is that really you?
Has it really been 5 years? It seems like so many more than that!
I'm doing pretty great, I've got a PhD now, see? Dr. Sheexy 8)
I've moved, was in school in Nebraska for a number of years driving back home to Texas each summer, and now I'm teaching on the West coast and just living life I guess now! Still making time to collect Mana things. The new SD3 remake has character figures in the collector's edition!

How about you? How are you doing?

I still get Stepping Stones stuck in my head all the time by the way. ^_^
Destiny
Steamed Crab

Post by Destiny »

Yeah I think it's been 5, maybe 6 years. When I last posted, I'm pretty my kids were babies (one of them might not even have been born...), and now they're both at elementary school. Time flies.

I'm glad you're doing great! :) How are you liking the West coast? Congratulations on your PhD. What was your field... mathematics...? (Please forgive me if I misremembered. I might be thinking of someone else.)

Me I'm doing ok. Sort of muddling along. Things have been really difficult the past few years, BUT I'm still finding reasons to smile and to get up every day. Guess I can't ask for much more than that. :)
Duran
Spikey Tiger

Post by Duran »

Long time no see.

I hope you're doing well.
Kefka
Whimper

Post by Kefka »

Duran wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:40 pm I hope you're doing well.
Reading her reply I hope so as well, but I read she's going through a not so well part at the moment.

Me neither by the way. Burn-out and then the corona-virus hit (not physically, but trying to recover from a burn-out and the prescribed rest is turned around in five days a week where you have to take care of 3 kids and the household is not helping recover when your very close mother-in-law just died after a sickbed of two weeks and your own father is loosing it to dementia).

Hang on! I still think about you guys! And it seems we all still do since we check up every x years on each other!
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Destiny wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:32 pm Yeah I think it's been 5, maybe 6 years. When I last posted, I'm pretty my kids were babies (one of them might not even have been born...), and now they're both at elementary school. Time flies.

I'm glad you're doing great! :) How are you liking the West coast? Congratulations on your PhD. What was your field... mathematics...? (Please forgive me if I misremembered. I might be thinking of someone else.)

Me I'm doing ok. Sort of muddling along. Things have been really difficult the past few years, BUT I'm still finding reasons to smile and to get up every day. Guess I can't ask for much more than that. :)
I can finally post again... after softlocking myself from the forums by changing my name...
Only replying over a year late...

I don't remember you having any kids back then actually! They're quite a bit older now than when you typed this, haha.

West Coast is fine enough. I'm in a "rural" feeling enough area for me to feel comfortable. I couldn't deal with big cities.
My degree was in Statistics, so you're close enough! :-) It's really more Research Methods, Statistics, Measurement. All stuff I really enjoy!

Hope you're still finding all those reasons to smile and get up! :D