Hello!

Introduce yourself here! Farewells and returns find their home here also. Post counts do not increase here, so feel free to prolong your warm welcomes!
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Re: Hello!

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Wolfric wrote:Yes, there is. There's Flammie and Randi made by an user. Although not the best quality, they are something!
Haha, that's awesome!

Back when Melee came out my friends and I always made up our own character ideas for Smash Bros., and I ended up making up an idea for Secret of Mana characters of course!

My idea would have been playing as all three characters, but you swap through them. Actually the Pokemon Master in Brawl ended up being pretty similar to what I had in mind back then. The down + b move would call Flammie in and he'd pop in doing a little bit of damage, and pick up the last character and drop off a new one, so you'd cycle through Randi, Purim and Popoie.

I can't remember the movesets I thought up, but Randi was going to use stuff like the Sword, Axe and Javelin with the Whip for recovery up + b, Purim was going to use her gloves and have some nice grapples, maybe her up + b recovery would be a lucent beam that she kinda jumps along like Pikachu, Popoie was going to be very light but have lots of distance stuff like the bow and boomerang plus some magic.

I used to spend hours thinking about that stuff, haha. I wish the Mana series could have a smash style battle game, it'd be awesome.
Wolfric
Rabite

Re: Hello!

Post by Wolfric »

Sheexy wrote:
Wolfric wrote:Yes, there is. There's Flammie and Randi made by an user. Although not the best quality, they are something!
Haha, that's awesome!

Back when Melee came out my friends and I always made up our own character ideas for Smash Bros., and I ended up making up an idea for Secret of Mana characters of course!

My idea would have been playing as all three characters, but you swap through them. Actually the Pokemon Master in Brawl ended up being pretty similar to what I had in mind back then. The down + b move would call Flammie in and he'd pop in doing a little bit of damage, and pick up the last character and drop off a new one, so you'd cycle through Randi, Purim and Popoie.

I can't remember the movesets I thought up, but Randi was going to use stuff like the Sword, Axe and Javelin with the Whip for recovery up + b, Purim was going to use her gloves and have some nice grapples, maybe her up + b recovery would be a lucent beam that she kinda jumps along like Pikachu, Popoie was going to be very light but have lots of distance stuff like the bow and boomerang plus some magic.

I used to spend hours thinking about that stuff, haha. I wish the Mana series could have a smash style battle game, it'd be awesome.
All of this is quite possible. The only problem would be making the 3D models of these characters. :/

Kassidy wrote:You might be able to do that, though I haven't tried. Something easier may be to find the memory register that controls the music volume and force the value to 0. I've done this in MMX, and I imagine there should be a way to do it in SoM.
I tried your method, and it works quite alright! Spent a few hours looking for other places were music would be "null". No luck. Guess I'll really need to replace music and make it mute all around. うはwwwwww