Rise of Mana coming to PSVita!

Discuss the Seiken Densetsu Series here.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

coqui
Polter Chair

Rise of Mana coming to PSVita!

Post by coqui »

Mataxia
Lullabud

Re: Rise of Mana coming to PSVita!

Post by Mataxia »

I just wish it would come out in English... Don't care what system.
bastian
Weepy Eye

Post by bastian »

I'm very confused by this. The PS Vita is DEAD.

Why on earth bring Rise of Mana to a dead platform when it could thrive on the 3DS? So, so strange.

That being said, I would absolutely buy a Vita for this (well, I also need to buy one eventually for an Ys game) if it were to be localized... They'd better localize this one.
Zerrin
Lullabud

Post by Zerrin »

bastian wrote:I'm very confused by this. The PS Vita is DEAD.

Why on earth bring Rise of Mana to a dead platform when it could thrive on the 3DS? So, so strange.

That being said, I would absolutely buy a Vita for this (well, I also need to buy one eventually for an Ys game) if it were to be localized... They'd better localize this one.
You mean that new one that's also being released on PS4? 'Cause it's already got Memories of Celceta.

And it's presumably easier to transfer it to the Vita since the controls match up (and this way you don't have to be a controller attachment), and they don't have to do any extra development vis-a-vis allocating UI elements to the lower screen and chopping a third of the screen from each side 'cause the 3DS isn't widescreen. Plus trophies.
bastian
Weepy Eye

Post by bastian »

Yes, I've heard that it's easy to port from iOS to Vita for developers... but what's the point when no one owns it? When the 3DS install base is over TEN TIMES the Vita's... it just doesn't make sense to not invest the little bit of money to rework the game to make it 3DS-playable.

And, yeah, I know that the remake of Ys 4 is out on the Vita, but that's not a good enough selling point. I can't buy a handheld for only one or two games. When Ys 8 releases on Vita and PS4 and if there are no other games I need a PS4 for, I guess I will finally get a Vita at that point if I can find one used for cheap.