Based on a pillow based on something else by someone else...

Show off your mad skills and exchange creative tips.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

BlueGenomes
Tomato Man

Post by BlueGenomes »

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h135/ ... hWitch.jpg

-New painting I made.

I keep forgetting the name of the original artist of the two women, but they're on this art-deco pillow thing my mom has, and I liked it a lot, but had no idea who it was by until I finally put it online somewhere else, and someone told me I was copyright-infringing (Dispite the fact that I gave credit to my pillow) :P

So anyways, I based it on the feeling that things aren't always as complicated as they seem as well as not being able to explain certain things, and the thought is boosted by an lsd-experience I had last July.

I made the background on my own..it's sort of based on blankets and sheets from India with their cool designs...I'm happy with it.

So yeah...enjoy!
Kefka
Whimper

Post by Kefka »

nice painting!
is it for sale?
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Ok, I don't know what happened to my reply to this, that's weird.

Anyways, I stated in said reply that I had seen this on your DA, and I actually thought it WAS a pillow, haha. It really looks like one, being on the blanket thing there, and the background looks kind of like Paisley or whatever, and the colors are really earthy and for some reason that makes me think of a pillow.
I also asked a question, but I forgot. I think it was something about if you had a link to the original or something?

Anyways, I like the big thick outlines, I've noticed that's a thing you do in a lot of your works. I do it too, it's cause we're cool right?