question for staff member or moderater

Help out with the site! Suggestions and ideas go here.
Locked
kirby
Dino Fish
Posts: 405
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:18 am
Location: dreamland

Post by kirby » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:35 am

This may seem like a weird question due to the fact I already asked a question similar to this.

My question is: What is every possible title for a member, what are the requirements to obtain said title, and what does each title mean or say about that member?

If there is no specific requirements to obtain each title just tell me that. I hope this is not to much of a nuisance for you.

User avatar
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin
Posts: 3847
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 8:49 am
Location: Texas
Contact:

Post by Dr. Sheexy » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:06 am

Every 10 posts or so it'll swap to another enemy name from Secret of Mana in the order of the bestiary we have in that section on the site. Once you get past the Terminator, the last enemy, it starts taking 100 posts to move between each boss's name.

Members who have over 300 posts are "super users" and can change their title to whatever they want, so the meanings are unique to each of them.

Questions about the site like this would be better suited in the workshop section.

kirby
Dino Fish
Posts: 405
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:18 am
Location: dreamland

Post by kirby » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:28 am

If what you say is true then what title is the highest that anyone in seikens has obtained, since I am pretty sure that no one has posted over 4400 entries.

User avatar
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin
Posts: 3847
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 8:49 am
Location: Texas
Contact:

Post by Dr. Sheexy » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:53 am

I've got 3134 posts. Followed by Kassidy with 2501.

kirby
Dino Fish
Posts: 405
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:18 am
Location: dreamland

Post by kirby » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:37 am

You still did not tell me what your rank would be, and I am pretty sure this is my 20th post. How long do you think it will take to obtain the title of Mana Beast?

User avatar
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger
Posts: 1456
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:09 pm
Location: Deceased

Post by DeadWolf » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:50 am

kirby wrote:You still did not tell me what your rank would be, and I am pretty sure this is my 20th post. How long do you think it will take to obtain the title of Mana Beast?
The ranking system has no effect on the overall forum. It means nothing. Post count has been removed to avoid nonsense trash being posted in the forum for someone to make the claim that they are better because they have posted more.

Signs of the dark side are numbers and ranks.

kirby
Dino Fish
Posts: 405
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:18 am
Location: dreamland

Post by kirby » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:01 am

DeadWolf wrote:
kirby wrote:You still did not tell me what your rank would be, and I am pretty sure this is my 20th post. How long do you think it will take to obtain the title of Mana Beast?
The ranking system has no effect on the overall forum. It means nothing. Post count has been removed to avoid nonsense trash being posted in the forum for someone to make the claim that they are better because they have posted more.

Signs of the dark side are numbers and ranks.
I did not mean it in that sense, DeadWolf. I meant with Sheexy's current rat of posting how long do you think it would take for his number of posts to reach the required amount for Mana Beast?

User avatar
Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();
Posts: 1912
Joined: Thu May 18, 2006 4:39 am
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Post by Deques » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:44 am

The requirement to obtain Mana Beast is none, because there is no such rank. Highest possible rank is Spikey Tiger, that alone requires 1300 replies. To get amount of posts depends on how active you are, but beware, spamming is not allowed. We don't tolerate topics such as "What's your favourite color?" or "Where do you live?"

Sheexy is the one who has highest number of post, after him its Kassidy. I am fourth most.

Obtaining higher ranks doesn't promote you anything.

kirby
Dino Fish
Posts: 405
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:18 am
Location: dreamland

Post by kirby » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:52 am

Deques wrote:The requirement to obtain Mana Beast is none, because there is no such rank. Highest possible rank is Spikey Tiger, that alone requires 1300 replies. To get amount of posts depends on how active you are, but beware, spamming is not allowed. We don't tolerate topics such as "What's your favourite color?" or "Where do you live?"

Sheexy is the one who has highest number of post, after him its Kassidy. I am fourth most.

Obtaining higher ranks doesn't promote you anything.
I realised that after Sheexy and Dead Wolf replied, if Spikey Tiger is highest obtainable title that should have been listed, because the way Sheexy put it the titles go through all the bosses not just the ones up to that point.

The last sentence has a grammatical error in it.

Also I would not spam do to the fact I can not answer them. If you checked my entries in the I'm new here page I put down to not ask me questions with the word favorite or any synonm of the word favorite, because you will never receive an answer.

User avatar
Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();
Posts: 1912
Joined: Thu May 18, 2006 4:39 am
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Post by Deques » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:12 am

kirby wrote:The last sentence has a grammatical error in it.
Why do I get this when you are not writing perfect grammar?

Sheexy never said anything about Mana Beast, he only said bosses, but not all bosses. Since there are very few members that reached more than the required number of posts to get Spikey Tiger, I guess sheexy didn't want to bother adding all the bosses

User avatar
Kassidy
Site Admin
Posts: 2975
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 9:59 am
Location: London, UK
Contact:

Post by Kassidy » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:17 am

*deep sigh*

The "favourite" topic was an EXAMPLE, he wasn't saying you would post that.

And please, remove the plank-worth of grammatical errors from your eye before trying to help Deques with the speck of error in his last sentence, especially considering that English is not his first language.

This topic is closed. End of discussion, nothing to see here. Anyone who has an issue with this can come directly to me and I will gladly explain thing to them in a manner that will leave absolutely no margin for doubt or lack of clarity.

Locked