Who is Koichi Ishii?

Archived news can be found here. (Read-only)
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Welcome to The Seikens' "Who Is" Wednesday!

Koichi Ishii
Most of us Seiken Densetsu fans know who Koichi Ishii is. He's the father of the Seiken Densetsu series, and the person we pray to every night for new awesome Seiken Densetsu games. Also, he delivers Seiken Densetsu related gifts to us on Christmas. Sometimes he even appears at our front door and says "Hey Sheexy, you want to come and help me run the Seiken Densetsu series?" and I reply, "Totally man, I've got so many ideas, this is gonna rock!" "You know, I can make all of your Seiken Densetsu dreams come true right?" "Really?" "Yeah, check this out!" And then suddenly I find myself in a room full of Rabites. And I have a sword. The Mana Sword.

But I digress. Koichi Ishii has done plenty of things besides the Seiken Densetsu series and fake stuff I made up. He's worked on plenty of other games. Did you know Koichi Ishii was a graphic designer for Final Fantasy? In fact, he helped out on all four of the first Final Fantasy games, and Final Fantasy Legend! More recently Koichi Ishii has helped direct the online MMORPG Final Fantasy XI and its expansion.

Ok, so he's worked on some other games. You probably already knew that too.
But did you know the guy has been the Director of Photography for six different movies since 1993? I couldn't find much of anything about the movies he has worked on filming, except that he worked on a Gangster movie called "Minazuki" and a comedy about adult videos entitled "Bastoni: The Stick Handlers". The title of the second movie kind of scares me, so I'm going to stop looking stuff up now.

In conclusion, Koichi Ishii is a very mysterious guy who works on videogames and films a few movies. He's just a normal person like everyone else, except more awesome. Also, he might be a robot.

I was expecting to find a little more about the guy, but apparently he is kind of hard to get information on.