On the horizon

Everything from Apple to Zerglings

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Re: On the horizon

Post by DeadWolf »

Sony is winning right now. Playstation Plus came to the Vita. With Plus Uncharted Golden Abyss, Gravity Rush, Jet Set Radio, and Final Fantasy Tactics are free. Not to mention the PS3 freebies. I'm waiting on my copy of P4G. I think I'm set until Wii U comes back in stock.

I want a Wii U but my only option is to buy it at $100 upcharge. I'll wait. I have a bad habit of getting game when they come out only to not play them. I'm being wise with this and other games and waiting a bit. My thinking is that the price may drop by the time I get around to buying it.
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Hey, nice to see you, DeadWolf! Nice call on checking out freebies, too.
Khyron
Iffish

Post by Khyron »

DeadWolf wrote:Sony is winning right now. Playstation Plus came to the Vita. With Plus Uncharted Golden Abyss, Gravity Rush, Jet Set Radio, and Final Fantasy Tactics are free. Not to mention the PS3 freebies. I'm waiting on my copy of P4G. I think I'm set until Wii U comes back in stock.

I want a Wii U but my only option is to buy it at $100 upcharge. I'll wait. I have a bad habit of getting game when they come out only to not play them. I'm being wise with this and other games and waiting a bit. My thinking is that the price may drop by the time I get around to buying it.
DeadWolf, Jet Set Radio Future was one of the first games my then 4 year old son ever played. He would put on his roller blades and pose like the characters in the game did. Tons of fun! Hard to believe JSR and FF Tactics are free now!

Oh, and I liked Halo: Reach so much that I'm playing through it again. Easily my favorite game in the series after the original.

Sheexy, the ground controls seem to be a common complaint with the game. Did you ever play "Nights Into Dreams" on the Sega Saturn? FREAKIN' BRILLIANT!
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Khyron wrote:Did you ever play "Nights Into Dreams" on the Sega Saturn? FREAKIN' BRILLIANT!
Y'know I've never touched a sega saturn or a sega dreamcast before. Never even seen the systems in person, kinda crazy. Buddies and I used to play genesis a ton growing up, but we all moved on to N64 and Playstation after that.
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Nights/NIGHTS/whatever Into Dreams is amazing, Sheexy! There is a remake/sequel on the Wii which is not quite as good in some ways and a bit rough around the edges, but great fun and on a system you have access to.
Khyron
Iffish

Post by Khyron »

manaman wrote:Nights/NIGHTS/whatever Into Dreams is amazing, Sheexy! There is a remake/sequel on the Wii which is not quite as good in some ways and a bit rough around the edges, but great fun and on a system you have access to.
I second Manaman. NIGHTS is a completely different game experience and an absolute ton of fun. I was a loyal Sega man for many years (I still have my original copy of Phantasy Star for my Sega Master System) and bought both the Saturn and Dreamcast when they were available. Other than the SNES there is no better system for RPGs than the Saturn. You'll pay dearly for originals now but maybe they're available as downloads or on emulators? I don't know, I'm old and inept.
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Actually, I've had a Dreamcast on the list of things to get when I have a bit of extra disposable income. It's not at the top of my list of consoles to get mostly because there aren't a ton of games I'm itching to get for it, but the few I've played and want to own are enough for me to really want one. It's a pretty sweet system. I remember playing it with some kids I sat for when it was new. Dang, it blew my mind seeing the graphics when it first came out.

Khyron, I grew up with Nintendo and am pretty loyal. Back in the day, I bought into the playground banter and defended my NES and SNES but I always was impressed with a lot of things SEGA did. I really like the Genesis and it has a great library of games. Also, I've come to realize recently it has the most comfortable controller I've ever used. I still love it.

EDIT: The 3 button controller, just to clarify.
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

Dreamcast was the only Sega system I had. Most of the games I liked ended up having ports or remakes. I wouldn't mind having a Dreamcast just to play Speed Devils again.

Also, can't really say on the horizon because it was just released, but Forge. It's supposed to be WoW meets TF2. You get and extra copy if you purchase before the 14th. I'm just broke at the moment :(
Khyron
Iffish

Post by Khyron »

DeadWolf wrote:Dreamcast was the only Sega system I had. Most of the games I liked ended up having ports or remakes. I wouldn't mind having a Dreamcast just to play Speed Devils again.

Also, can't really say on the horizon because it was just released, but Forge. It's supposed to be WoW meets TF2. You get and extra copy if you purchase before the 14th. I'm just broke at the moment :(
DeadWolf, So did you pick up Forge?
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

I did but I just haven't had the chance to play it. I'll have to get back to you on that.
Khyron
Iffish

Post by Khyron »

I'll be picking up Luigi's Mansion once it's released. Anyone else?
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

I will get Luigi's Mansion next week maybe. I've got a huge paper due soon and I didn't think buying any videogames at this time would be a very good investment!

Also I want to get Etrian Odyssey IV, the demo was great.
Khyron
Iffish

Post by Khyron »

Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds looks like vintage 16 bit GOLD! No doubt that will sell well. Also no doubt that Squeenix will not take the hint and continue to crank out swill while they sit on SD3.

-.-

Sorry, I'm working on 3 hours of sleep so I'm less than pleasant right now. Be glad you're not here watching football with me :P