Questions regarding Princess of Mana and Rise of Mana

Discuss the Seiken Densetsu Series here.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Mataxia
Lullabud

Questions regarding Princess of Mana and Rise of Mana

Post by Mataxia »

Hey guys, I know this forum isn't too active anymore. But I've been re-obsessing over the Mana series recently and slowly working my way through all of the games, because it's been a while since I've played most of them. I have some questions about two installments in the series that I don't see talked about much:

Was Princess of Mana ever scanned/translated in full?

I know online service for Rise of Mana was ended, but is there any way to play it at all currently? And was any of it ever translated? I played it briefly on my phone when it first launched and it honestly seemed like a pretty good entry in the series. I didn't end up playing it much since I can't read Japanese, but at this point I'd still like to play it anyway because I feel like I'm missing out on a solid Mana game (of course a translation would be preferable).

Thanks in advance! I really hope there's some new action in this series soon, especially on western shores.
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Re: Questions regarding Princess of Mana and Rise of Mana

Post by manaman »

I seem to recall that Rise of Mana was released for the PS Vita. I have wondered the same thing as you but my guess is if the game could be played at all offline, that would be your best bet. Now, whether you could get a physical copy of the game or not, I don't know.
Mataxia
Lullabud

Re: Questions regarding Princess of Mana and Rise of Mana

Post by Mataxia »

Wow, apparently Princess of Mana came out in French just last year:

https://mana-books.com/news/pour-les-fa ... ss-of-mana

https://mana-books.com/catalogues/mana

Any European Mana fans get their hands on this?