Your favorite non-Seiken Densetsu games

Everything from Apple to Zerglings

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Duran
Spikey Tiger

Post by Duran »

Wow...I almost forgot about Chrono Trigger...

Thats a crime! :/
The J Person
Grave Bat

Post by The J Person »

Chrono Trigger is sadly one of those games I never played. I don't know why, really. But I can tell just from reading this (even if I couldn't, the number of people who've given it favorable reviews far outweighs its critics, and all my friends agree it's awesome) that it's probably a pretty good game. Guess I'll put that on my list of things to play.

The battle system in Chrono Cross just made me mad. I got maybe 1/3 or 1/4 of the way through it before I decided to return it to its owner. I do really appreciate the cutscene graphics, and all in all it looked well done. I just never really got into it.

As for Shining Tears (think that was the second-to-last game released in the Shining Force series), I don't recall exactly what I thought of it, but I'm pretty sure if it was anywhere near my favorites list, it was near the bottom. And I really didn't get the whole DBZ-like "COMBINE" thing. I also haven't bothered with beating it on hard mode, but that's mainly 'cause the friend I was playing it with lost interest. Guess he wasn't psyched. :D

I always wanted to play Kirby Super Star. Can't seem to track it down though. Yoshi's Island, well... I mastered that game long ago. Kinda got tired of it. Mainly because Baby Mario is the most annoying thing in the world. Well... one of them.

Star Fox on the N64 has to be my favorite, otherwise "least-appreciated" genres of games. I believe there is a next-gen game due to be released, that very much resembles Star Fox Adventures, but is set in a semi-futuristic world with very realistic graphics. Has nothing to do with Rare or Nintendo. Can't remember the name of the game for the life of me, but I think it was "Warplane" or something like that. That's the name my rather confused friend gave me for it though, so I'll have to look for it again. But it is over on gamtrailers' website, so shouldn't take long once I'm back on cable.
racx_00
Eye Spy

Post by racx_00 »

NES: Battletoads, Super Mario Bros. 3
SNES: Donkey Kong Country, Final Fantasy IV, Star Fox, Chrono Trigger, Bubsy
N64: Conker's Bad Fur Day, Banjo Kazooie, Goldeneye
GCN: Star Fox Adventures & Assault, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Paper Mario
DS: Trace Memory, Star Fox Command, New Super Mario Bros.

SMD/GEN: Gunstar Heroes

PS: Final Fantasy IX, Chrono Cross, Harvest Moon: Back to Nature
PS2: Bully, Kingdom Hearts I & II, Star Ocean III, Ratchet & Clank, Need For Speed Underground 2

XBOX: Fable, Stranger's Wrath, Halo 2

PC Adventure: Grim Fandango, King's Quest VI, Monkey Island I, II & III
PC Shooters: Doom, Grand Theft Auto 3, Wolfenstein 3D, XIII
PC Platformers: Abe's Oddysee, Croc,
Last edited by racx_00 on Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Danny

Post by Danny »

I didn't like Chrono Cross either, Chrono Trigger is way better. There's also something called Chrono Trigger Kurono Toriga, which is basically Chrono Trigger with the story a little different. It's still in Japanese though and I have it as a rom. I don't know what to say, Chrono Trigger is an great and timeless classic.
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

*blink* Er, Kurono Toriga (Koo-ron-oh tor-ee-gah more or less) is the Japanese pronunciation of Chrono Trigger... So I'm very confused as to what this other game you refer to is. When released in Japan I imagine that used the Kanji as a subtitle so they would know how to pronounce it there, and maybe when dumped whoever did so included the romanization of this Kanji as part of the title... but I haven't heard of there being a separate game, unless this is a hack. Also it should be noted that there are several ways the game can develop...

I suppose the easy way to go about it is to ask hat differences are noticeable.