SD3 character theme songs

Show off your mad skills and exchange creative tips.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Grulps
Rabite

SD3 character theme songs

Post by Grulps »

Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Re: SD3 character theme songs

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

What do you recommend for playing .ogg files?
I don't have anything that can play them and I dunno anything about music players x_x
Grulps
Rabite

Post by Grulps »

Winamp with 3rd party plugins plays pretty much anything and everything and I think you don't even need to download a plugin for ogg files. I'm generally trying to avoid mp3 since it has high licence fees and is lower quality that ogg.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Actually I just figured out Chrome can play ogg if I would have just clicked on the links. XD

Duran - I like this version, sounds really regal like. Seems a lot more close to the original than your other tracks though.
Angela - Not sure about the beginning, I don't like that flute sound or whatever. Took an unexpected turn later on, I like how that turned out. Flute bugs me I dunno why.
Kevin - Really interesting, I like the mechanical sounding parts and I wasn't expecting the guitarish sounding part. The animal noise is kinda weird though. XD The flutes work in that second part I think.
Carlie - Never cared for her theme. :P I think you make it more whimsical sounding.
Hawk - Awwww yeah, I like this one. Reminds me of Arabian stuff. At times it sounds like it belongs in Legend of Mana instead of SD3.
Riesz - It's good, can't point out what I like about it but it's really nice. Seems really overbearing or something, pretty dramatic.

Fun tracks, I really enjoyed listening to them! Thanks for sharing. :D
hawklise33
Ma Goblin

Post by hawklise33 »

it wont let me hear the song
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Hawklise, what are you using to listen to them?
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

Sheexy wrote:Hawklise, what are you using to listen to them?
http://www.vorbis.com/setup_windows/
gamekrazzy
Iffish

Post by gamekrazzy »

If anyone here knows what Audacity is... it allows you to edit OGG files. And Grulps, I highly recommend you use it and export it to MP3(or WAV), so that people don't keep asking you how to play the files. It would be much nicer.
Last edited by gamekrazzy on Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

MP3 is a dated format. OGG should really be standard now but people refuse to change. Gamekrazzy, I highly recommend you export all your music to OGG for the increase in quality.
hawklise33
Ma Goblin

Post by hawklise33 »

just heard the music. not too shabby :D
Diana_Liuba
Mushboom

Post by Diana_Liuba »

Now I tell something about that, too! Music is my life, you probably know.

Duran's Theme was always awesome. I got that hero feeling. Know, what I mean? Your remix? I call it like that from now on! is very good. Sounds by far exactly like the original one from the god of music Hiroki Kikuta!

Angela's Theme hurt my ears every time... I HATE HIGH FLUTE TONES! It's probably because my knowledge to play flute is very ... err... andante? I mean, it is very small... Anyways. After the high tones I thought to go to a doctor who can heal my ears but I screamed 'AWESOME!'. The flutepart is really in the original one. One reason to don't play Angela's part xD

Kevin's Theme was not very nice to me. I was very scared, when I heard that deep bass and these deep piano... But then with the electric guitar it sounds very cool! Better then the original version.

Carlie's Theme remembers me on a great colourful cake... Don't ask why... Sounds so peaceful and innocent! Like Carlie is. BTW: I Love colourful cakes.

Hawk's Theme sounds like my cousin is playing his native music staff (he's arabian). But that was his job. Sounds good!

Lise's Theme (I'll take the german translation because I WON'T NEVER get how to write that stupid mix between z and s.... <.<) is my favourite song from SD3. Dunno why, it sounds so majestic and like the power female have! Oh man love amazonesses!(? Dunno how it's spelled either called) Keep up working!

May you tell me what programm you use to get that orchestra sound? I think you don't use a full orchestra, or?

@Sheexy: You should compare most of the Heroes of Mana soundtrack. Then you can tell me which is Yoko's favourite instrument ^^ And I never played LoM... but all I've heard it has awesome music... But you're right... Somehow it sounds familiar with Yoko. That woman should be blessed by the mana goddess... Like Kenji Ito and Hiroki Kikuta.

Diana
Hellfunk
Lullabud

Post by Hellfunk »

These are great! My favorite 3 would have to be Kevin, Hawk and Lise themes, I really like what you did with those, putting a little extra magic on these already magical songs.

@Diana Legend of Mana is my second favorite to Secret of Mana, if not play it, you should at least check out the music, I can at least tell you it lives up to the music of the other 4 classic games, I haven't really played any of the new ones, except Children of Mana, which I didn't get very far through, I didn't think it was very good, and I don't remember any of the music.