SoM Remake?

Expanding the Mana Universe. For fans, by fans.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

SoMFan
Lullabud

SoM Remake?

Post by SoMFan »

At one point, I remember reading about a SoM remake using the counter-strike engine, as a mod for CS. Does anyone have any information as to what happened with this project? It looked awesome. :(
Kassidy
Site Admin

Re: SoM Remake?

Post by Kassidy »

Not a remake so much as a story taking place in the same world as SoM, but 42 years later.
The mod is... Just picking up again. It went indefinitely on ice back in 2007, and they have now announced that they've been working on it for a year now and are making significant progress.

I'll make a front-page post on it now. Their press release only happened two days ago.
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand front-paged!
SoMFan
Lullabud

Post by SoMFan »

Ah nice, thanks for finding information on it. :) I remember seeing that picture of a rabite and the killer plant(can't remember the name) from the first part of SoM. I had thought that they were remaking the game using the source engine, but perhaps they strayed from that idea, or maybe I just remember it wrong haha. Anyways, looks pretty cool. Kind of scary that I brought it up randomly, only 2 days after a press release. Weird.
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

Good job you did, news with this series being so scarce and all. ;)
SoMFan
Lullabud

Post by SoMFan »

Yeah, they just reformatted the whole website. It's pretty nice looking, check it out.
http://www.returntomana.org/