3DS XL

A place where you can chat about whatever.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

manaman
Spikey Tiger

Re: 3DS XL

Post by manaman »

Finally have my own! This November I had a milestone birthday and my wife bought me the Zelda special edition 3DS XL. She gave it to me via a note of its preorder that was made to look like a golden Triforce. That was put in a chest that she made and painted and added a contraption that plays the chest opening music when you open it. To open the chest, I had to retrieve a key from a card she gave me. I love my wife!
Khyron
Iffish

Post by Khyron »

Great gift, great story and great wife, Manaman! Let us know how Link Between Worlds goes for you, I've already professed my undying love for the game on several different threads here.
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

I love it! I've beaten it once and now I'm working through it in Hero Mode. I think it's really well done and one of my favorite Zelda games, for sure. And yes, I love my wife. :)
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Anyone mess with the Rusty Sluggers game or whatever? I had 5 dollars thanks to the Wii U deluxe thing where you get 5 back for every 50 you spend, and I got two of the minigames for it.
It's a simple fun thing, dunno if I'll end up getting all the minigames, but it's neat to see Nintendo experiment with stuff.

Steel Diver seems neat, but I can't get the controls down at all.

Still playing AC New Leaf each day, haha, dunno how long that'll last!
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Well, I'm still playing New Leaf every day. That game is addictive. I still love the system and am enjoying each new game on it. And some of the new microtransaction games are actually pretty good and don't feel exploitative. Still, I hope we don't see Nintendo go down the same route all the rest are going. I mean, I know there's money there, but keep it classy, Nintendo. :)
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

manaman wrote:And some of the new microtransaction games are actually pretty good and don't feel exploitative. Still, I hope we don't see Nintendo go down the same route all the rest are going
I rather enjoyed Pokemon Shuffle. I think Nintendo is testing out the freemium idea on the 3DS before moving to mobile.

Anyone pick up the New 3DS XL? I picked one up when it came out. They eye tracking alone makes it worth the price. Viewing angles aren't an issue with this thing.
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Yeah, I agree that the intent is testing out some mobile ideas.

I haven't picked up the New 3DS XL yet. I'm not 100% positive that I will. I still love my Link Between Worlds Special Edition 3DS XL and there are SO many games out that I want or am planning to get that I'm not sure the money's there. Well, that and our furnace gave out....

What version did you get, DeadWolf? Also -- HI!
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

I really wanted the Majora's Mask edition, but it sold out in 2 seconds. I ended up getting the black one. The c-stick is more like a nib off of a laptop. It does alright for camera control, but I don't see it being used for much else. The eye tracking is worth it alone. On the older 3DS I would end up turning 3D off because it just got in the way. I don't think I have ever turned it off on the New 3DS because it doesn't distort. The 3D doesn't feel like a gimmick anymore and it's awesome.

A Link Between Worlds is a fantastic game. I got 100% on Hero Mode. After finishing it I wanted to play it again. The game would easily be number 1 for me if I didn't have nostalgia blinders for ALttP.
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Well, all I can say is that I would have jumped on the Majora's Mask version but I actually love the Link Between Worlds version too much to do so. Even though it's not longer as cutting edge, I'm going to stick with it a bit longer. By the way, glad to join you on Miiverse!
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Stopped playing New Leaf like a year ago. Kinda want to go back, but it's such a time sink!

I think I'll just stick with my old 3DS, seems to get the job done. I don't play it enough to justify getting a new one.
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

I seriously can't stop with New Leaf. How did you?! As for the 3DS, I guess I've always been okay with not having the cutting edge system so long as the next system has backwards compatibility. I'm interested in what the NX is going to look like. I also am curious if the 3DS line is going to carry on. If not, I'm definitely going to be getting a New 3DS but maybe a standard version as opposed to the XL for something more portable and different. Right now, I'm getting a lot of Splatoon time in, so I'm not playing much other than New Leaf. I'm looking forward to both new 3DS Zelda games, though.
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

I feel like Nintendo is holding out for the NX. They made it pretty obvious at E3 when all of their announced titles were just filler titles.