new section

Everything from Apple to Zerglings

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

BuCUE
Ma Goblin

Post by BuCUE »

I can request help there right? Can I request help with searcing through 15 years of games under my bed to find SoM and my SNES by Friday? :P
koopa
Werewolf

Post by koopa »

:D If it looks under your bed, like under mine, i would prefer playing with an emulator :D

( I'm afraid of the fusels, biting in my hand when I want to take old books and games :P It's like the old monster-under-your-bed-story )
BuCUE
Ma Goblin

Post by BuCUE »

hehe, I'm afraid of... god knows. Everything from spidoers to mutant life forms.

I just couldn't help but post this :(
Danny

Post by Danny »

I always use emulators and roms to play my games on them. There's more options and stuff. Under your bed? Don't you have them downloaded on your computer?
Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

I can help you find your SoM at the cost of your SoM. Cleaning the bed is included
BuCUE
Ma Goblin

Post by BuCUE »

Danny wrote:I always use emulators and roms to play my games on them. There's more options and stuff. Under your bed? Don't you have them downloaded on your computer?
Ah you see this is the thing. Back before the internet became big there was a thing called a SNES. This is what we used to play games and they had these little (Well rather large) boxs that you put in the top. Because we couldn't download things back then we bought these boxs and played many games with them.

Never did I think I would be claiming to be a hardcore gamer because I still own my SNES.. but damn it I was there when Mystic quest first came out, I was there for SoM and I waites and waited for SoM2 to the point where I can still remember looking at screenshots on the magazine and I can draw the road, the people who were standing there and the magazine lay out of that page still, almost a decade later :P

So you guys can have your little emulators and what not, but I perfer the real thing in my hands. Emulation loses something and I'm not quite sure what it is, but I get bored of emulated RPGs very quickly where as I can sit and play non-emulated RPGs for 2-3 day periods (yay for insomnia, don't mess with me and my hallucinations!).

I think it's a shame all you guys are so "Emulate it man! It's the greatest thing ever!" or some of you have never played SoM on a SNES. It's just not the same and you all miss out on something special which an emulator just can't pick up.
Deques wrote:I can help you find your SoM at the cost of your SoM. Cleaning the bed is included
If you can get past the white labrador who likes to lick the hell and pounce on anyone you can have it :P